|Hoorah - one of the sockets in our house (a different one from that which shot out a fireball a while back) had a go at setting fire to things. Stupid aluminium wiring in the wall oxidised, grew hot, melted the insulating covering, and started to melt the plug on a power strip before the singe was noticed. More expensive house repairs. I have to wonder whether we mightn't have been better off not noticing, and getting a lovely rebuilt house from the burnt-down-house insurance. On the up-side, I now know how to rewire an electrical socket and prevent future recurrence of the oxidisation.